As we all know, the holiday season is right around the corner and with it comes long lines, unexpected wait lists, exorbitant prices, and a distinct frenzied feeling amongst all.
Thus, as you begin researching various gift ideas for your loved ones, it’s in your best interests to take a long, hard look at the advantages associated with gifting jewellery during the holidays:
- People Generally Avoid Buying Jewellery for Themselves: In stark contrast to most clothing items, shoes, bags, and other fashion staples, jewellery is considered to be largely superfluous, luxurious, and “extra,” not to mention the fact that it tends to come with a significant price tag. As such, jewellery tends to stay off of most people’s radars during shopping trips, which makes it the perfect surprise gift during the holidays.
- Jewellery Merges Wearability with a Sentimental Touch: A gorgeous piece of jewellery can embody a romantic or loving emotion while simultaneously encouraging the receiver to proudly show it off on a daily basis. Few items are able to combine this type of functional, usable fashion with a heartfelt backstory.
- The Timeless Nature of Jewellery: As you reflect on all of the gifts that you’ve received over the years, take a moment to think about which items are still part of your habitual repertoire. Electronics are replaced with something better on a near-weekly basis, clothing goes in and out of style, and even automobiles feature a distinct lifespan; jewellery, on the other hand, can be enjoyed and adored for generations to come regardless of the person’s age or specific occasion in question.
- An Indirect Investment Opportunity: Although it isn’t guaranteed, there are countless instances of people purchasing jewellery without much thought only to find out years later that the item is worth a multiple of the original purchase price. It’s just another potential boon of jewellery purchases in today’s day and age and is especially pertinent to limited edition items in particular.
Now let’s take a look at how to pick a reputable supplier for your next jewellery purchase.
Step One: Assess the Selection and Sorting Mechanism
The most distinguished suppliers tend to feature a robust assortment of ever-expanding jewellery categories and sorting options, the most prominent of which are shown below:
- Sort by Type: You should be able to select from various bangles, charms, necklaces, bracelets, cufflinks, rings, watches, chains, earrings, pendants, and even high-end pens simply by clicking on a drop-down menu.
- Sort by Theme: Regardless of whether you’re shopping for an anniversary, Valentine's Day, Christmas, or summer holiday, you should be able to target the specific theme or subject that’s most important to you. Alternative selections should include children’s gifts, birthday items, and wedding pieces, among others.
- Sort by Collection: From the timeless Acotis diamonds and original Trollbeads bracelets to authentic Swarovski pieces, renowned Thomas Sabo items, and even unique 20/20 pendants, your supplier should provide a myriad of unique groupings, brands, and marques from which to choose.
Step Two: Ensure the Presence of Revolving Bonuses
As soon as you visit the webpage of a particular supplier, you should be greeted with various value-added plusses as well. Shown below are some of the offers that you should seek out:
- Free Christmas pendant with purchases above €100
- 10%-20% discount off of your first order (look for a specific checkout code in the listing)
- Brand-based bonuses, such as a free pair of earrings if you reach a certain order price for a specific label or marque
- Free jewellery cases and carriers included within your first purchase
Step Three: Easy Account Creation
If your primary goal is to establish a long-term relationship with a single supplier, you’ll want to turn your attention towards the following aspects prior to establishing a dedicated user account:
- Rapid checkout secured by SSL security for safe purchasing (look for the green padlock next to the URL)
- Ability to save multiple shipping addresses within your account
- View and track orders in real-time
- Free delivery within the UK
- My Wishlist feature for a more intimate experience
- Available company blog for up-to-date offers, inclusions, and news